Oils

Saturday, April 4, 2015

5 Gallon Bucket of Laundry Detergent

PHEW.....I just finished making my own laundry detergent and I think I have enough to last me a year, maybe longer.  Again, this recipe came from "The Chemical Free Home" by, Melissa M. Popping.  If you are interested in getting this booklet, I'll be giving one away in the near future as a raffle prize.

What you will need: medium size saucepan, long spoon, measuring cups and a 5 gallon bucket with cover

Ingredients
4 Cups Hot Tap Water
1 Cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
1/2 Cup Borax
2 Cups Baking Soda
1 Bar Grated Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap (I used Eucalyptus)
5 Capfuls Thieves Household Cleaner
3 Tbsp Mrs. Stewarts Bluing Agent

The original recipe called for half lavender and half rose scented soap, but I figured Jason didn't want to smell like flowers.

Directions
Grate soap into small pieces and set aside. Pour 4 cups of hot tap water ino sacepan and add soap, stirring continually over low heat until soap is melted and dissolved - do not boil.

Looks like grated cheese, but don't eat it!  :)
Fill 5 gallon buck half full of hot tap water and add melted soap, washing soda, baking soda, and Borax.  

Add 5 capfuls of Young Living Thieves Household Cleaner.


Add 3 Tbsp Mrs. Stewarts Bluing Agent


Stir well until all powder is dissolved.  Fill the 5 gallon bucket to just below the top.  Stir cover and let sit overnight to thicken.  Optional: once thickened, mix with immersion blender (I did not do this).  Fill a clean and empty liquid laundry detergent bottle half full with soap and fill the rest of the way with tap water.  See why this will last FOREVER!!!


I imagine tiny Smurfs will be swimming in this all night long.

  • Non-HE Machines: 5/8 cup per load (apx 180 loads)
  • HE Machines: 1/4 cup per load (apx 640 loads)


Contact me to find out how to purchase the Young Living Thieves Household Cleaner or click here.




  





No comments:

Post a Comment